Friday, November 21, 2008

When I Get Where I'm Going

The world is a cruel and imposing place. I try to do my part to keep those who stumble across my postings enlightened with what is up in the world, and to that end I bring you a bit of news from right here in my neighborhood.

The faculty and staff  were saddened to learn of the death of one of our first grade students, Alisha XXXXX. While only in first grade, Alisha was widely known and loved around school. She touched many of us with her bravery and determination.

Alisha was afflicted with a birth defect and died undergoing an operation. I did not personally know her, but had seen her while spending lunch with my daughter at school. As the letter above indicates, this young lady was PHENOMINALLY popular with both staff and student. For that, I am posting this to serve as a constant reminder that some things in life DO matter; others, like petty politics, do not.

R.I.P dear girl.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Zfx5qra_g

No comments:

Post a Comment