Sunday, November 16, 2008

Required Reading

One thing about the United States that I believe has been lost on our youth is just how good we have it. We can go to school - we are required, rather- we can speak our minds, we can vote, we can do so much more than the rest of the world.

I imagine the reason that all of the world wants to come here is just because of that. It saddens me that our youth want to see America weakened. Oh, they don't really MEAN it, but they just don't know enough to make informed decisions. Where are they getting their information? The media? Oprah? John Stewart?

The media and entertainment as a whole has slowly eroded the core values that our nation was founded upon. When faced with moral choices, we instinctively knew what the right thing to do was. Now, with so much 'political correctness' we cannot decide what is good and what is not.

Is it good to allow unlimited killing of our unborn children? I will submit that my personal view is that in extreme cases, the life of the mother, rape, incest, etc would be acceptable to me. But, abortion for the sake of abortion is murder, in my eyes. And I am not an overtly religious person. But I do believe that I understand right from wrong.

I believe that gay marriage should be a non issue. Why must we be allowed to have their lifestyle infringed into our churches? What is the difference between a civil union and a marriage when it comes to the law? Nothing. I believe gay marriage is wrong. Why am I a bigot or a hater? I have a good friend who is gay. So? I don't think any less of him, but I will stand firm in my resolve to keep gay marriage from usurping a traditional institution.

Our youth today don't understand what we have and what it took to get it. They have not been privileged to get our history taught to them as we older generations have. The history they are taught has been modified and changed by the more liberal college professors- who then require books THEY wrote to be used in THEIR classes. No conflict of interest I am sure.

What should be required reading are the stories of those who still battle for true freedom. Let our youth hear the stories of those who are attacked and killed for their beliefs in equality and education. They should be forced to read and report  about girls like Shamsia, a 17 year old girl in Afghanistan.

Let us see how their world views change when they get inundated with the harsh reality of the world instead of the warm and fuzzy twisted truths told to them by their so-called educators.

Hat tip- Michelle Malkin.

The revolution is at hand. Will you be a leader or a follower?

No comments:

Post a Comment