Monday, November 17, 2008

Ok, I will Say It

Congressional leaders are just plain stupid. They get elected for whatever reason, but not one has any clue about how to save our failed economy. In particular, our Democratic leaders want us to spend even more money- to save the economy – which will cause more problems – so we can spend more money to save the economy – getting the pattern here?

Um, correct me if I am wrong, but is not uncontrolled spending by the American consumer what got us into this problem in the first place? Too much buying on credit, inability to pay back the loans, foreclosure, bankruptcy, crashed economy.

There is a proposal on the hill to give tax breaks to those who buy new cars by the end of 2009. Great. We are broke, credit has stopped (I cannot even get a pair of student loans added to my already consolidated loan because of the crunch, even though it was an error by the lender that they were not already added- the result of which is I now have a second payment), and our leaders want us to SPEND SPEND SPEND. Obviously, they want us to be so far in debt that the government will have to step in and take control of MY finances.

Hey. That might not be so bad. The Fed buying shares of me? Where is my billion dollar bailout, sir?

Idiots.

See the details of the idiot congressional leaders here.

The revolution is at hand. Will you be a leader or a follower?

1 comment:

  1. All I want to do is be out of debt and save money. These are very hard times. Plus, I'm not the Federal Government. I don't get to print money when I can't pay my debts with the money that comes in.

    :)

    Inflation would help me to pay off old debts by making them smaller (in real money) than they were when I took them on.

    Since I'm not going to borrow any money... or buy much... I'm not so sure I'd mind inflation. :)

    Grace.

    ReplyDelete