Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Third War

So we have Iraq, of course, and Afghanistan, but what is this third war? Technically it is not really a war of weaponry but a war of ideas. In this case I am going to take a stand on the climate war being waged. I am one who tends to be a bit less conservative when it comes to ecology. I want to protect habitats and fully agree that we as world slobs have a lot to do in cleaning up our act.

But I have always tried to keep an open mind with respect to the whole global warming thing. I watched An Inconvenient Truth; I even did a report on in for my English I class. But I have never really bought into it, as there are plenty of nay-sayers out there.

Al Gore and his crowd will shout that 99.9% of the scientific community agree on the global warming thing. They say that their data is irrefutable. Well, tell me that and I will find those who DO refute it. The funny thing is, the guys who refute it are the top guys in the business.

Take it in, make your own decision. Personally, I am keeping an open mind- though I want nuclear power here in the US and less use of oil for power. I think the guys on THIS side of the story provide a very compelling case as well. The problem THEY have, is that Al and company use emotion to draw you in and not just cold, hard facts. Interestingly enough, President-elect Obama did much of the same thing.

Enjoy!

 

The revolution is at hand. Will you be a leader or a follower?

No comments:

Post a Comment