Friday, November 7, 2008

The New Site

This is making the rounds, so being the good-little-soldier (sailor, actually) I am replicating this here. The Obama folks now have a new website out, called Change.gov. It is a funny thing, as they are using it as a sort of fund raising site- completely against the regulations of a .gov website. Not to mention, it calls itself the 'Office of the President Elect', which is a non-existent entity. (But that is a nitpicky personal attack, because I am bitter and clinging to my gun and religion.)

One thing of note is the call to service by our new Fearless Leader. Mandated community service at the high school and college level. 50 and 100 hours per year respectively. Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that EVERYONE should take time to serve in some capacity. What I disagree with is mandated service. I say we just get it over and get everyone their draft cards.

What is particularly scary is the 'encouraged' phraseology. What if I don't WANT to? I guess I don't graduate? Or, worse, some of his new Civilian Security Force will visit me and whisk me away to a reindoctrination camp? Get real. Land of the FREE means free in all things. Free to NOT serve. Free to NOT conform. Free to do whatever I want within the law...

...but, then, that is the catch, eh? It will now be the LAW of the land to do as we say or be punished.

Welcome to the revolution. Will you be a leader or a follower?

No comments:

Post a Comment