Friday, January 23, 2009

A Soft Military Lets Him Off The Hook

I am as pro-America and pro-military as a guy can get. Ask  my wife just how vehement I got with regards to the blasphemous flags waving around Baltimore and Washington D.C. this past week and you will know just how sincere I am.

With that said, I am appalled at the recent verdict for a 19 year old Navy kid who tortured his girlfriend’s 8 month old daughter. If there is one thing that gets me going more than anti-Americanism it is cruelty towards children.

I can watch a movie about death and destruction. I can handle seeing what is going on with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I have no sympathy for the murderer who screams his repentance right before the needle goes in. I rarely cry. That isn’t a boast, it just is.

However, if you want to see me get emotionally red-faced and visibly upset, show me a child that is being willfully hurt. It strikes too close to home, what with having four of my own. I would die for them without so much as batting an eye in contemplation (or so I tell myself- let us home it never comes to that).

So for slapping around this baby, dipping her in scalding water to ‘have something to laugh about’ and then dunking her in the bath tub to the point that he had to revive her, he gets 15 years.

FIFTEEN!! Out of a maximum of 45!

The asshole is only going to be 34 years old when he is let out. His ass should be put to death. Unfortunately, it is guys like this that get all of the attention for our troops. He should not have been let off the hook. He should have begged for his life before a firing squad.

You can read the article here.

The revolution is at hand, will you be a leader or a follower?

No comments:

Post a Comment