Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Hope For Teachers In Washington State

Wow.

Simply put, this is incredibly stupid. So if you are a teacher, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with sleeping with a student- as long as that student is over the age of 18.

Ok, I know. A student who is 18 is legally an adult. But my daughter will be in high school when 18. That makes it alright for her teacher to make a play for her?

Laws for students should be revised to include criminal liability for situations like this. In college, I imagine it is even worse. But for kids in high school, laws should be adjusted to include them until such a time as they graduate and become part of society.

I don’t have a good answer. I am mostly passionate about my daughter someday facing this potential issue. And it is just plain wrong.

See the moral erosion here.

The revolution is at hand. Will you be a leader or a follower?

No comments:

Post a Comment