Monday, December 29, 2008

The Magic Negro Craze

I have been reading a few blogs that address this issue. At first, I told myself that I would not get involved, nor post anything on it, but some things have been said that make me want to jump in with my two cents.

I do not condone the fact that a member of congress sent a music CD that contained the parody song Barack, The Magic Negro on it to friends. I believe, honestly, that the parody song was written in the spirit of an article written in a 2007 LA Times OP-Ed piece. Funny that no one raised much of a deal then, when a left-leaning paper wrote it. I don't think that there is anything racial about it at all, and the blogs and comments out there mostly support that claim.

What bothers me the most is that people are up in arms about it because it supposedly denigrates the office of the President. To this I say WHAT THE HELL??

Suddenly, the office of the President of the United States is to be respected at all costs. No where can there be anything detracting it. No where can there be anything that is satirical or even remotely funny about it. And, certainly there can be nothing showing even the the remotest bit of abject hatred or disgust with.

Unless, of course, you are the current President, and you are a liberal person just exercising your right to protest government. If you are a conservative, you need to shut the f**k up and leave the anointed President-elect alone.

I wish I could express MY disgust with those who continue to eschew their hatred for anything that does not follow their rules or guidelines. I so wish I had a (more) public forum where I could berate those who are stupidly trying to set the double standards, thinking that we as American citizens won't see through them.

Shut up. Let us be. If you don't like what we say, go elsewhere to get your commentary. It has only just begun. Like you, we of the Conservative Nation are boiling over with anticipation to say 'we told you so.' Deal with us or go away.

The revolution is at hand. Will you be a leader or a follower?

2 comments:

  1. Check out Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro

    They don't care that someone burned down Governor Palin's church. (Talk about persecution for faith and political views - possibly for being a woman vying for high political office - maybe even because she's white.) I think the church arson was related to Gov. Palin. If not, well someone had some real religious hate at the very least to burn down her church, eve. Bottom-line, ZERO moral outrage for her church being burned down. They mocked Palin terribly. Called her "white trash" and said worse things about her family, I believe, on SNL. Etc., etc., etc. No moral outrage.

    Why do they choose this to express moral outrage about?? Are they... self-righteous hypocrites??

    Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent point, Grace. It doesn't matter that she is a sitting governor, nor that Bush is the sitting president. What matters is that since 2000, the liberals have felt cheated of their presidency. As such, they are exercising their 'right' to slander and name-call in any manner desired to get attention.

    let us speak of all of Obama's picks with such vitriol and let us see how the media picks it up.

    Sean~ who is on his IM, by the way..:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete