Monday, March 9, 2009

More Pro-Life Killing

Everyone thought that President Bush banned stem-cell research. Nothing is farther from the truth. What the former-president DID do was to ban the use of FEDERAL money from being used.

Now I know that there are some out there who will wonder what is the big deal? Ask someone who is vehemently pro-life, however. I, am not. I am pro-life to be sure. I think abortion is wrong in all cases except the life or death of the mother, but I am not rabidly insane about it.

I AM rabidly insane about my money, however. Why should more of my money be taken so that science can get federal money? Private industry can drive it more efficiently, and only those who WANT to contribute need to. Now, I have no choice.

After today, Glorious Leader will repeal the rules set down by President Bush. Of course, it is ‘all for the people’. After all, we need this research to find cures for all manner of  disease and illness.

Does it matter that we are already some of the most taxed people in the world? Nope. If they now are going to provide money to this area of science, it has to come from somewhere. So, either they are going to cut funds from somewhere (which program will get the axe?) or they are going to have to raise it through taxes.

My gut instinct tells me that they will get the money from the defense cuts. The left will logically say “Well, when we stop spending all of that money in Iraq…” to which I say- the money to Iraq is in addition to normal spending. You say we are spending too much because it is going to liberate a country (I mean, get all that oil revenue) but taking that ADDED spending and making it permanent is ok. Does it still not cause us massive deficits? Not to mention that this repealing will allow aborted babies to be used in the stem cell research.

Yep, Save the trees, save the seals, save the titmouse.. but helpless unborn can be murdered at will.

Oh well. They cannot vote, so why do they matter?

The revolution is at hand. Will you be a leader or a follower?

No comments:

Post a Comment